Arbitration, Litigation and Mediation
Our arbitration and litigation practice, led by department head Gregory Logothetis (Partner), who is assisted by a number of highly qualified Partners and Associates is specialized in the following:
(i) Collaborating with international law firms on complex arbitrations and litigations that involve issues of Greek law;
(ii) Handling complicated arbitrations and court disputes on energy, construction and commercial matters.
(iii) Providing pre-litigation strategy assistance (e.g. correspondence, extrajudicial notices etc).
(iv) Providing assistance to clients in order to negotiate and reach amicable settlement of disputes.
Nearly all of the relevant disputes are in the order of millions of euros.
The above are confirmed by the mandates that our Department is currently handling and which indicatively include also the following:
- Technical arbitration (adjudication) relating to an extension of time for major motorway with potential object of dispute in the range of tens of millions.
- Participating to the implementation of provisional measures on behalf of a Cypriot bank against certain major Greek entrepreneurs. The worldwide freezing injunction served on them under the EU regulations was for an amount of €3,79 billion (collaboration with international and Cypriot counsel).
- ICC Arbitration between a major construction company and an oil refinery with total claims exceeding €150 million (collaboration with international counsel).
- Litigation before the Greek Courts and concurrent ICC Arbitration between Greek energy producer and major international equipment supplier with a total value at stake over €70 million (collaboration with international counsel).
- Representing a major Greek Bank in litigation against a former CEO with a value at stake around €20 million.
- Litigation for a Greek Pharma Company which was affected by the PSI haircut of Greek Pharmabonds (8 million).
- Defending before the Greek courts a motorway Concessionaire for claims exceeding €20 million.
- Arbitration between a Concessionaire and the Greek State with value at stake over €45 million (collaboration with international counsel).
- Defending land owner (listed company) against claims of the Greek State with respect to land of a value above 200 million.
- Conducting litigation for public tenders with values of over ten million each.
For more info please contact: